Prescribe Medication to a Patient Using Dosespot as a Provider
1. Log In to the Kura Provider Portal
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Click Log In.
Tips! If you want to be remembered by your browser, check the Remember Me check box.
2. Go to Search Patients Page
- Click on the My Practice
- Search Users
- Fill in the fields. You may use first 3 letters of first name
- You may use first 3 letters of last name as well
3. Click on the Patients' Profile
Confirm date of birth and no duplicates choose proper patient
5. Create/Update DoseSpot record by Completing Patient Demographics and Red Asterisks
- Details: If there are demographics that you do not have, contact a coordinator to create the dosespot record
- Pharmacies: Confirm the Pharmacy location for this patient
- Self-Reported Medications
TIPS! If this is not a controlled substance you may request a coordinator to create the prescription for you and you may jump to Step 11.
Ultimately you are expected to 'Approve and Send' the medication in when the coordinator is finished
- DoseSpot will open in a new tab on your browser
- Select 'Add Prescription' at the top right
8. Search For a Medication
- Type the medication name in the search box
- Click on the desired medication
9. Confirm Medication Selected
- If you need to change the medication name click on 'change' if not move forward
- Click on the dosage text to change appropriate amount
Tips and Hints! Click on the '(change medication)' text to choose a different medication.
10. Enter the Prescription Information
- Enter in Effective Date
- Fill in the fields, eg. Patient Directions, etc.
- Click on the Save Prescription button.
Tips and Hints! The fields with red asterisks are required. Click on the + Show Pharmacy Notes button to enter notes for the pharmacy.
11. Approve and Send the Prescription
- Check the box next to the medication
- Enter your four digit PIN if asked
- Click on the Approve & Send button
- If you need to edit or remove this medication, click on 'Actions'
12. The Prescription is Fulfilled
Note: This photo may be dated at the making of this how to, but should be similar.