Perform a Workers Comp Encounter as a Kura Provider
Log Into the Kura portal as a Provider and open the Encounter.
1. Review the Encounter Details
- Review subjective health history of the patient taken by the Medical Coordinator. Click on the MANAGE HEALTH button.
- Triage Numbers are filled in when a triage nurse has referred this patient to Kura MD.
- The Encounter Type can be reset by clicking on the down arrow.
- Click on Chart Review if this is an initial transfer of Care case with Medical Notes to review and click on UPDATE TYPE.
- Claim should always be set however, claim numbers are not usually available immediately for new injuries.
2. Review the Injury Details
The Medical Coordinator completes the Injury Details during the patient intake process.
3. Review the Patient History
The tabs will show the various sections of the Patient's Health History completed by the patient. Click on MANAGE HEALTH to view the full details.
4. Review the Coordinator Notes
- Coordinator notes are completed by the coordinator and provides the key action steps to date. A Provider can respond or leave messages that are visible to all by creating a new Coordinator note.
- The provider can also leave a task for the Medical Coordinator for follow up. e.g. Need a Prescription Template ready for signature.
5. Start Video and Dismiss Medical Coordinator
Click on the Start Video button and permit the Medical Coordinator to leave the Video.
6. Complete the Assessment
- Click on the Assessment tab.
- Click on the NEW ASSESSMENT NOTE button.
- Write up the assessment note.
- Click the FINISH button to confirm and save the note.
- Select the CPT Treatment Code if known by clicking on the down arrow.
- Select the ICD-10 Diagnosis Code by clicking on the down arrow.
The Fee section will be completed by the biller.
7. Complete the Subjective Note
- Click on the Subjective tab.
- Click on NEW SUBJECTIVE NOTE
- Write up the subjective note portion.
- Click on FINISH to save and confirm the new subjective note.
8. Complete the Objective Note
- Click on the Objective tab.
- Click on NEW OBJECTIVE NOTE
- Write up the objective note portion.
- Click on FINISH to save and confirm the new objective note.
9. Complete the Treatment Plan
- Click on the Treatment Plan Tab
- Click on the NEW TREATMENT PLAN NOTE and enter treatment plan note.
- Click on the FINISH button to save the new treatment plan note.
- If there is a follow up appointment to be scheduled, click Yes, otherwise No.
- Select the requested treatment along with the Frequency and Duration.
- Select the ICD Diagnosis Code and the CPT treatment code if known.
- Select any additional designated orders or create a new order by clicking on the ADD ORDER button.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to confirm and save the treatment plan.
The New Treatment Plan will be added below to the Treatment Plans list for the patient.
10. Complete the Work Status Report
Complete the Work Status Report and and re-invite the Medical Coordinator to the Video Encounter to Coordinate and schedule the follow up appointment.
11. Preview and Save the Encounter Note
Review the saved SOAP note and Save it.